I am writing on behalf of RYLA 2014 Kuching Organising Committee. As the PR Secretary of RYLA 2014 Kuching Organising Committee, our Organising Chairman has authorised me to invite YOU to the opening ceremony of Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) Camp, Kuching, Sarawak, at Sekolah Menengah Sains Kuching, 7pm. Highlight of the evening will be the performance of Istana Budaya’s Permata Seni Muzik achievements and would be very honoured to have them at the event.
Guest of Honour will be our Past District 3310 Governor Datuk Haji Zainie Aucasa, to grace this occasion.
2. For your information, RYLA Camp contributed to youth leadership knowledge and there is a high demand requesting that the event to be held in East Malaysia, Sarawak specifically. It is jointly organised by four (4) Rotary Clubs in Kuching namely Rotary Club of Kuching, Kuching Central, Kuching Jaya and Kuching South. Our mission is to encourage leadership in youth by recognizing and rewarding the chosen participants an “award” of their past, present and future leadership and service activities.
3. In summary, support from you would make an excellent addition to RYLA 2014 Kuching Camp programme. With “Service Above Self” understanding and commitment, RYLA 2014 Kuching shall have the ability to accomplish another success story in encouraging youth to be the potential future leaders Kindly contact me Clarence Yong at 019 8571896 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries. Thanking you in advance for your consideration to our request.
Yours in Rotary,
PUBLIC RELATION CHAIR
RYLA stands for Rotary Youth Leadership Awards is a programme that originated with Rotary International and has subsequently been specifically designed by Rotary District 3310 for the youths in East Malysia, Johore and Singapore. RYLA 2014 Kuching is an intensive 4 days residential personal development training programme designed to help young people aged 13 – 30 years old develop their team work and communication skills and fulfill their potential as leaders. The theme for RYLA 2014 Kuching is “Unleashing the Potential of Future Leaders” and will be held on 12th -15th December 2014. The application to joint RYLA 2014 Kuching started on the 30th October 2014 and ends on 15th November 2014. The target number of participants are between 150 – 200 youths.
RYLA 2014 Kuching is jointly organised by four Rotary Clubs in Kuching, Sarawak namely, ROTARY CLUB OF KUCHING; KUCHING CENTRAL; KUCHING JAYA AND KUCHING SOUTH of District 3310.
The location was chosen because of the facilities offered by the school suited the needs of the programme such as basic sporting facilities for football, athletics, adequate hostels (separated male and female dormitories), dining hall and in addition to it, Sekolah Menengah Sains Kuching is also an Interact Club under the wing of Rotary Club of Kuching Central.
RYLA 2014 Kuching encourage leadership in youth by recognizing and rewarding the chosen participants an “award” of their past, present and future leadership and service activities.
RYLA 2014 Kuching aims to:
- Give young people the chance to come together in a supportive environment to gain a better understanding of their own strength and unique qualities and abilities of others.
- Provide an opportunity for young people to develop a network of resources to facilitate their roles and development.
- Facilitate learning about teamwork, communication, motivation and to develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops.
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people and
- Demonstrate Rotary’s commitment to young people.
- Outdoor activities designed to develop self-confidence, effective teamwork and leadership qualities.
- Workshop and Group Discussion.